Even on a cheat meal a little planning can make the most of your calories! We’ve swapped your normal beef burger for turkey to allow double the amount of burgers – and keeping the fat content lean to allow for that cheese topping.
Finish this meal off with a side dish of protein crisps instead of nachos – which will save a third of the calories!
1 Burger Bun (adjust macros if having wholemeal)
25g Chopped Onion
200g Turkey Mince
15g Instant Oats
1 Fresh Tomato
1) Pre heat the oven to 180oC.
2) Mix the turkey mince, instant oats, egg and onion together.
3) Split the mixture into 4, roll into balls and press flat onto a greased baking tray.
4) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
5) Thinly slice the cheese and tomato.
6) Build the burger starting with the bun base spinach, burger, cheese, burger, tomato.
7) Repeat again and top with bun.