This recipe doesn’t need much introduction – the title alone gets everyone excited!
The moist, nutty base is complemented by the chewy caramel centre – and if that’s not enough, it is covered in Cacao chocolate to satisfy any mid-afternoon slump.
Our healthier versions of Mars Bars can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days, if they even last that long!
– 1 Tbsp Myprotein Cashew Whey Butter – Chocolate flavour
– 1 Scoop Myprotein Protein Dessert – Salted Caramel flavour
– 1 Tbsp Myprotein Oatbran
– 50g Myprotein Almonds
– 10 Prunes
1) Start by soaking the prunes in boiling water and leave to one side.
2) To start the base, ground and mix the almonds, oat bran and cashew butter together and press into the base of a cling film lined Tupperware box or silicone mould and place in the fridge.
3) Drain the prunes and pour into a blender and pulse until a smooth paste. Mix the protein pudding powder by hand.
4) Spread the prune mix over the top of the base and place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
5) Remove the semi-frozen bar from the freezer and cut into portion sizes (based on 10 servings.)
6) Melt the cacao butter buttons in the microwave then pour over the bar, spreading down the sides and return to the fridge for 1-2 hours.
7) Store in the an air tight container and keep in the fridge.
Per bar: based on 10 servings
Calories – 144
Carbs – 11g
Fat – 9g
Protein – 6g
Sugar – 5g