By Ru Anderson | BSc (HONS)
Performance Nutritionist, Author, Speaker,
Competitive Athlete & Owner of Exceed Nutrition
Enjoy this quick and nutritious prawn and avocado salad!
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the salad:
– 220-250g king prawns, steamed or boiled
– 1 avocado, flesh diced
– 1 small red onion, diced
– 60g baby kale
For the dressing:
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
– 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
– 1 tsp parsley, chopped
– 1 tsp Dijon mustard
– Salt & pepper, to taste
1) Prepare the prawns by boiling or steaming them in a pan – or use ready to eat prawns!
2) In the meantime, make the dressing by mixing all the dressing ingredients together.
3) In a separate medium bowl, mix the salad ingredients together and add the prawns once ready.
4) Drizzle with the dressing and mix well.
5) Serve imminently or store in the fridge for later.