Bodybuilding requires a level of discipline that Ryan Terry has down to a fine art. He doesn’t stray from his diet plan, he trains consistently, and that’s why he’s one of the best.
And when I say he never strays from his diet plan, I mean it. Recently Ryan went on a four-day trip and he wasn’t leaving his eating plan down to chance – he went prepared.
Before leaving Ryan spent roughly 15 minutes in the kitchen whipping up his meal prep for the coming days. And in just a quarter of an hour he’d prepared eight meals.
Here’s how you can too.
Bear in mind that having been in the industry as long as he has, Ryan knows what his body needs to perform – therefore he doesn’t track his macros.
Based on the weight of the food he’s eating he’s able to calculate roughly how much protein and carbs he’s consuming and makes adjustments based on his goal.
- Handful asparagus (per meal)
- Handful broccoli (per meal)
- Handful cauliflower (per meal)
- White rice (cook a big batch to portion up later)
- Pinch of salt (per meal)
- Pinch of smoked paprika (per meal)
- Pinch of mixed herbs (per meal)
- Pinch of garlic granules (per meal)
- Salmon fillets (2 per meal)
- Chicken breasts (200g per meal)
- Fillet steaks (2 a day)
- Add the rice to a pan of water.
- Slice all of the veg.
- Add the veg to a different pan of water to the rice. Bring both pans to a boil.
- Season the chicken breasts, salmon and steaks with your chosen spices.
- Cook the chicken, salmon, and steak in an airfryer for 13 minutes. If you don’t have an airfryer, cook the protein source under the grill or in a frying pan until cooked.
- Drain your veg when ready.
- Drain your rice when it’s cooked and clean it to remove the starch.
- With all the meals cooked portion them into their meal prep boxes based on your macros.
With his main meals sorted, all that’s left to take care of is his beloved oats.
- 100g oats
- 20g flaked almonds
- 30g blueberries
- 2 scoops Impact Whey Protein
- Weigh out your oats, almonds and blueberries into one bag.
- Weigh Impact Whey Protein out in another bag.
- When you go to make the food, add the oat mixture to a bowl and heat it up.
- Then add the Impact Whey Protein and mix thoroughly.
Take home message
When the prep is this easy, taking just 20 minutes — there’s no excuses. Plus you can switch out the weights and the elements of the meals to suit your macros even as they evolve. Not everyone loves white rice as much as Ryan…
Enjoyed this article?
GET MORE FROM RYAN HERE:
Bulking Made Easy: Bodybuilder's 1,800 kcal Shake Recipe
89g of protein in one shake.