Bored of your usual home workouts? Well, this workout from @_hannahgunn will seriously kick your booty into shape.
They might feel a little retro, but booty bands have become a real home workout staple, adding a serious burn in (you guessed it) your booty.
Who’d have thought how effective a simple resistance band could be? So if your legs and glutes are feeling neglected, get off your bum and try this quick and easy workout today.
Hannah Gunn’s Booty Band Workout
Every move in this workout can be done with or without booty bands, so don’t worry if you don’t have one (yet). With our booty bands, you’ll fatigue your muscles faster and push your glutes to the max.
Back to back ➡️ 1 min rest between rounds ➡️ 3/4 rounds
- Stand with feet about shoulder-width apart. Hands together out in front of your body.
- Squat down partially, about a quarter of the way down as you would for a normal squat. This is the starting position.
- Begin the exercise by pulsing up and down, lowering your butt up and down about 6 inches or so. Be sure you are always in the squat position and never standing up during the exercise.
- Complete for the desired number of reps.
Squat and Side Leg Raise
- Stand with your feet about hip-width to shoulder-width apart.
- Then squat down, as low as you can then drive back up to the start position
- At the top of the squat, shift your weight on to one leg and lift the other leg out to your side.
- Squat back down and repeat for the desired number of reps before switching legs.
Curtsy Lunge Knee Up
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart, and your hands on your hips.
- Take a big step back with your right leg, crossing it behind your left.
- Bend your knees and lower your hips until your left thigh is nearly parallel to the floor. Keep your torso upright and your hips and shoulders as square as possible.
- As you stand up, lift your knee up and out in front of your body.
- Repeat for the desired sets before switching legs.
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie on your back and bend your knees so your feet rest flat on the floor.
- Raise one leg until it is stretched out straight. Brace your core and drive your heel into the floor, pushing your hips up until your body is in a straight line.
- Slowly lower yourself back down and repeat for the desired reps before switching legs.
Glute Bridge Abduction
- Lie on your back, with your knees bent and feet planted flat on the floor.
- Drive through your heels, squeezing the glutes to send your hips toward the ceiling.
- At the top of the move, drive your knees outward, before returning them to the centre position.
- Lower yourself back down, then repeat for the desired reps.
Take Home Message
Resistance bands are one of the most inexpensive and versatile pieces of workout equipment you can own.
Small but super-effective, our booty bands will help you tone and tighten your glutes much quicker than bodyweight exercises alone.
Don’t worry if you don’t have one at home, as all the exercises can be done with or without booty bands.