Trying to keep your diet on track, but can’t resist a scoop of scrumptious ice cream after dinner? This healthy ice cream recipe is a game-changer for indulging those cravings without the calories, sugar, or fat of normal ice cream.
Before you baffle yourself with the thoughts of stirring homemade ice cream for hours, this healthy ice cream has never been simpler to throw together. If you’re looking for a low-sugar option, the only sweetness comes from the bananas and peanut butter.
Peanut butter is also a great addition to any dessert as it gives you a daily dose of protein and healthy fats. Simply blend together for a healthy ice cream recipe you’ll be making by the bucket.
Skip straight to the nutritionals here.
- 4 bananas
- 2 tbsp. Smooth or Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Splash milk
- 2 tbsp. chocolate chips (optional)
1. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Slice the bananas and place evenly over the tray.
2. Place the tray in the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until completely frozen.
3. Once frozen, take the banana out of the freezer and put into a food processor.
4. Add the peanut butter and a splash of milk and blend until creamy.
5. To serve, simply scoop into a bowl and enjoy. You can sprinkle over chocolate chips, or some Sugar Free Syrup for some added decadence.