Don’t think you can get an effective workout in 10-minutes? Well, you clearly haven’t tried this 10-Minute AMRAP from @samanthalouisebrown. It might sound easy, but you’ll find out quickly that you’re in for a challenge.
Don’t worry, it goes by fast (we think).
Sam’s 10-Minute AMRAP Workout
For those unfamiliar with AMRAP, it’s an acronym for “as many rounds as possible”. That’s because — you guessed it — you perform as many rounds of the circuit as possible in a given amount of time.
For this circuit, you’ll be doing 20 dumbbell snatches and 10 dumbbell facing burpees. Once you have completed these reps, you’ll go back to the start of the circuit and begin again — that’s one round.
You’re aiming to perform as many rounds as possible. Good luck.
How to do Dumbbell Snatches
- Start with a dumbbell directly below you, so that you’re standing over with feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Squat down similar to a deadlift, with your chest and head up, and shoulders slightly higher than the hips.
- Raise the dumbbell with your legs and back, coming straight up with the dumbbell, and making sure you don’t bend your arm too early.
- Once you’re stood up, with the dumbbell supported overhead, bring it down in a similar fashion and repeat with your alternate arm.
How to do Dumbbell Facing Burpees
- Start by jumping your feet back and pressing your chest to the floor.
- Pushing up off the ground while driving your feet forward towards your hands.
- Jump up over your dumbbell and repeat on the opposite side.
The good thing about this version is that you don’t have to extend completely on the jump
See how many times you can get through these exercises in 10 minutes. Write down your score and try to beat your record each time.
Don’t forget to tag us in your attempts on social.
Our articles should be used for informational and educational purposes only and are not intended to be taken as medical advice. If you’re concerned, consult a health professional before taking dietary supplements or introducing any major changes to your diet.