Where is my InPost Locker?
InPost Lockers can be found in lots of familiar places. They might be at your local Morrisons or Lidl, train station, convenience store or petrol station.
Go contact free with InPost
Lockers can give you peace of mind
· No interaction with others -lockers are completely self-service
· Go when you feel safe –they’re available any time 24/7
· Keep outdoors -no need to enter shops or buildings. No need for a mask either!
How contact-free collection works
1. Choose InPost as your delivery option in checkout and select your nearest locker
2. You will receive an email and text when your parcel has arrived
3. Scan your QR code at the locker
4. A door will open automatically and you can take your parcel
How contact-free returns works
1. Choose InPost Lockers as your returns method and print your label
2. Take the parcel to your nearest locker
3. Scan the label barcode
4. A door will open automatically so you can put the parcel inside the locker
VIEW ORDERS + MAKE PAYMENTS ANYTIME
HOW IT WORKS
Laybuy offers instalment plans for online shoppers. Pay it easy, in 6 weekly payments.
Head to the checkout as normal and select Laybuy as your payment method.
Log in or sign up and complete your order in seconds.
Choose your payment day, view your schedule and select pay now.
You're done! Your items are on their way. Payments will be taken each week automatically.
The Laybuy Checklist
It’s simple. All you need is to use Laybuy is...
To be 18 years old or over
A UK bank account
A UK residential address
FAQ'S - Collecting an order
Your nearest Locker could be outside your local supermarket or the station you commute from.
You can collect your order from
an InPost Locker at any time! InPost Lockers are accessible 24 hours a day, 7
days a week.
When your parcel has arrived
you will receive an email and text message from InPost containing your
The fastest way to collect your
parcel is to scan the QR code that can be found in the collection email or via
a link in the text. Alternatively, you can manually enter your mobile number
and unique 6-digit PIN.
You have 72 hours (3 days) to
collect your parcel from the time it’s delivered.
InPost will send you a reminder email and text message when you have 24 hours left to collect your parcel before it’s sent back to the retailer.
Yes, just send them a
screenshot of your QR code. Alternatively, they can use your mobile number and
6-digit PIN that you’ll find in your collection email and text message from
If your QR code won’t scan,
your screen brightness might be too low. Turn up the brightness
on your phone and try again. Or you can enter your mobile number and unique PIN to collect your parcel.
Please contact us and we can
No, they will be in two
separate compartments and you will be sent two different collection codes.
This just means your order
has been split into two parcels. Scan your first QR code to get your first
parcel and scan your other QR code to get your second parcel.