What is Protein Flatbread Mix?
Protein Flatbread mix is a powdered mix of plain white flour and our whey protein concentrate. Protein Flatbread Mix can be combined and then baked or fried to make a great tasting, high protein flatbread which can be consumed with a number of different foods including soups, homemade dips or meat. These flatbreads are perfect for taking to work, when on the go or sharing with your friends.
Benefits of Protein Flatbread Mix
Protein Flatbread Mix provides over 30g of protein per 100g which will contribute to the growth and maintenance of lean mass. Protein Flatbread Mix is low in fat and sugar making it ideal for anyone looking for a high protein snack without the addition of fats and sugar. Protein Flatbread Mix also has no added salt.
Who is Protein Flatbread Mix Suitable for?
Protein Flatbread Mix is ideal for anyone looking for an alternative source of protein in their diet. They are easy to prepare and can be consumed at any time throughout the day when you need to increase daily protein intake. Protein Flatbread Mix is a fantastic alternative to normal bread and tastes great with foods such as soup, hummus or homemade dips.
1. Add 100g (3 heaped MP large scoops) of flatbread mixture into a large mixing bowl. In a separate jug add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to around 120-150ml of warm water.
2. Make a well in the centre of the powdered mixture and add the olive oil and the warm water.
3. Using a fork, start incorporating the flour with the water and olive oil, if necessary add more water.
4. Once the dough starts to come together use your hands to form a soft ball of dough. Dust your hands and a clean work surface with flour and knead the dough for five minutes, or until it is smooth and elastic.
5. Put the dough back into the bowl, cover and set aside for 15 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into four equal balls and roll them out to the thickness of a £2 coin.
7. Heat a griddle pan and cook the flat breads for two minutes on each side. Alternatively, pre-heat oven to 200-220°C, place the rolled dough onto a baking tray and cook for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Plain White Flour (wheat flour), Whey Protein Concentrate*, Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin). *From Milk.
Energy (kJ/kcal): 1540/364
of which saturates: 1.6g
of which sugars: 2.6g
Disclaimer: Nutritional information is based on the powdered mix without the addition of any cooking fat and the values will vary slightly depending on the type of fat used for cooking.
Write a review to be in with the chance to win a £100 voucher
The instructions for mixing on the packet are different from the online instructions, but neither of them are useful and My Protein need to do something about this before everyone gives up trying to make this really tasty bread. Follow one of the other reviewers guidance and reduce the volume of liquid a lot otherwise you will end up with a sticky mess everywhere, hands, bowl, work surface with most of the mixture being washed down the drain. The mixture I had left on my first few attemps were delicious when cooked, had them with soup and chilli. Just plucking up the resolve to make another batch because they are tasty and my energy was maintained for a much longer time and without the bloating you get from bread. I recommend if you have patience not as quick a fix as I was hoping for.
This flatbread mix tastes nice and cooks well, but the instructions provided are useless. You only need to use about a quarter of the water/oil mix otherwise you are left with absolute slop that is useless, ended up using half the packet before getting the correct results. Beside from that taste is nice, texture is nice, worth a shot if your craving bread.
The flat bread was quite hard (not a bad thing), not sure if it's meant to be like that or a little softer. Taste wise very similar to pitta bread that's been well cooked on the pan. I had it with the tomato protein soup and it worked very well together. Would definitely recommend however it may take a few attempts to get it right.Goes Well With:Protein Soup