Bulk Meal Prep On A Budget – Chilli Con Carne
We all want to make progress and gains in fitness and sometimes, it can be very expensive but there’s no need to eat plain bland food because you think it will cost the earth, the below recipe will taste just as good as any other chilli con carne, if not better! And what’s more, it will be miles cheaper than any other, especially over ready meals and take away ones!
The macros are amazing and it will also make roughly 8 servings, so ideal for a week and a bits meal prep or a fitness come dine with me (if you’re into that sort of thing). You can also freeze it and cook it straight from frozen. Need any boxes for it to tick??
Let’s get started with the recipe!
- 2 tbsp oil £0.13 Per Serving: £0.02
- 2 large onion £0.25 Per Serving: £0.03
- 2 red pepper £0.33 Per Serving: £0.04
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled £0.16 Per Serving: £0.02
- 2 heaped tsp hot chilli powder £0.10 Per Serving: £0.01
- 2 tsp paprika £0.10 Per Serving: £0.01
- 2 tsp ground cumin £0.10 Per Serving: £0.01
- 1000g lean minced beef MP £8.39 Per Serving: £1.05
- 2 beef stock cube £0.17 Per Serving: £0.02
- 800g can chopped tomatoes £0.80 Per Serving: £0.10
- 1 tsp dried marjoram £0.10 Per Serving: £0.01
- 2 tsp sugar £0.02 Per Serving: £0.00
- 2 tbsp tomato purée £0.08 Per Serving: £0.01
- 2 cans kidney beans £0.60 Per Serving: £0.08
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and wait for it to heat up
- Fry onions until soft
- Add the garlic, red peppers, chilli powder, paprika and cumin and fry for a few minutes to release the spice aromas
- Add the beef and give it a good stir together and fry for a couple minutes
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beef stock, salt, majoram, sugar and puree, put a lid on and simmer for 30 mins, check on it half way through and top up with water if necessary
- Add the beans, bring to a boil then simmer for a further 10 minutes!