Read this article to find out 9 things that will happen when you start lifting weights. If you’re already obsessed count how many of these apply to you!
1. YOU THINK OF DAYS OF THE WEEK IN TERMS OF MUSCLE TRAINING DAYS
Forget Monday to Friday unless someone asks you what you’re training at the gym week days are totally irrelevant: Chest Day, back day, shoulders, legs, ab & arms, rest day.
2. THE THOUGHT OF CARDIO BECOMES A CHORE
You think back to the days where you would spend hours on the treadmill and cross trainer and wonder how on earth you didn’t die of boredom.
3. YOU LEARN THE TRUE MEANING OF POST WORKOUT MUSCLE SORENESS
That feeling 2 days after leg day…Oh yeah, now you’ll be sure to know the meaning of DOMS- delayed muscle soreness.
4. YOU TRY AND LIFT EVERYTHING
From carrying as many shopping bags as possible on one hand to helping move things around the house with your new found strength you’ll feel the urge to lift anything heavy.
5. YOU WEIGHT YOURSELF HOPING FOR GAINS NOT LOSSES
Constant caloire counting and weighing yourself in all mighty hope that you’ve dropped that extra pound of water is all in the past. Now your educated and know that muscle weighs more than fat, you know it not about how much you weigh.
6. GYM SELFIES BECOME AN EVERYDAY OCCURANCE
Well why not! You look and feel great so get instagraming!
7. CALLUSES HAVE BECOME A PERMANENT OCCURENCE
No more crying over broken nails and the best thing is you don’t care about the war wounds as your lift gets heavier.
8. THE WINE RACK TURNS INTO A COLLECTION OF BLENDER BOTTLES
So many blender bottles and shakers your cupboards cant hold them- different sizes, colours, lids, you name it and you’ve got it.
9. YOU BECOME IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GYM
You begin to realise there’s no one you spend more time with than your good friend Jym and have your friends questioning secret romances.