Myprotein has been an official sponsor of Street Soccer Academy for many years and on Saturday 16th July they took on their final challenge – a celebrity football team in an 11-a-side game in aid of Street Soccer Academy!
So far we have managed to raise £24,550 online and offline donations and completed the 24 Hour Treadmill Challenge, Cake Bake Sale and Soccer 24 Football Matches.
Myprotein 9 – 1 Once Upon a Smile Charity
- Myprotein started the game really quickly and took an early 2-0 lead, scoring both goals in the first 5 minutes of the game!
- Myprotein controlled most of the first half and a solid defensive display limited the opposition to only a single long range shot in the first half of the game.
- At the other end of the pitch the Myprotein attack was creating chances at will and scored another 5 before half time to take a commanding 7-0 lead at the break.
- The second half was a completely different game, with pride at stake the Once Upon a Smile team battled harder and provided a much sterner and closer second half.
- Myprotein scored an 8th goal in the middle of the second half before a late consolation goal by the Once Upon a Smile FC team.
- The scoring was not over as Myprotein managed to grab a 9th goal and the final goal of the day.Overall it was a match that Myprotein dominated but was played in a good spirit!
- The real winners are Street Soccer Academy and Once Upon a Smile Charity.