Lets face it… salads don’t have the same appeal in winter. However, eating clean doesn’t need to be boring.
Our quick and healthy ratatouille is deliciously warming and can be made in bulk to keep your fridge and freezer to ensure that you’re stocked up for the week!
– 6 Tomatoes (Medium)
– 3 Courgettes (350g)
– 3 Small Onions (200g)
– 2 Garlic Cloves
– 4 tbs Tomato puree
– 1 Aubergine (200g)
– Passata (200g)
– Smoked Paprika
– Salt and pepper
1) Slice the onions and start to fry in a heated pan with 1-calorie spray oil.
2) Cut the courgettes and aubergine into similar size chunks, then add them to the pan and pour over 100ml of boiling water – pop on the lid to allow the veg to sauté.
3) Crush the garlic and slice the tomatoes after 5-6 minutes add them to the pan and return the lid.
4) After the veg has slightly softened add the tomato puree, paprika, salt, pepper and passata and cook for 2-3 minutes more until veg is soft but not sloppy – then remove from the heat.
5) Portion out into Tupperware; they will last for 5-7 days in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer!
Serving choice: enjoy with white fish for a great combination of carbs and protein!
(Based on 7 servings)
Calories – 71
Carbs – 8
Protein – 3g
Sugar – 6g