Step over from the dark side and give these vegan blondies a go.
With none of the sugar, butter, or eggs that are a key part of classic blondie and brownie recipes, these delicious squares of heaven taste every bit as indulgent — only they’re perfect a plant-based lifestyle.
You may be a little surprised to see a tin of chickpeas on the ingredient list, but trust us, we know what we’re doing here. Plus, they’re a great source of plant-based protein, making these tasty treats ideal to boost your daily intake.
Forget complicated steps, and save arm day for the gym as there’s no mixing in this recipe — the entire batter is made in a food processor and will be ready to go in just a few minutes. Yep, we like to keep things super simple.
Whether you make a batch to impress your guests at the weekend, or just need a personal stockpile of something tempting to satisfy your sweet-tooth in the evenings, these vegan blondies sure hit the spot.
Makes: 8 squares
- 1 tbsp. Vegan Protein Blend (Banana)
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 30g peanuts
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 200g Almond Butter
- 200ml Sugar-Free Syrup
- Handful of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and line a baking dish with greaseproof paper, then set aside.
- Place all of the ingredients, except for the vegan chocolate chips, into a food processor and blend until the mixture is smooth and lump-free.
- Spoon out your mixture into the prepared baking dish and use the back of a spoon or spatula to level out.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden around the edges. Then cut your vegan blondies up into squares and enjoy!