Chicken fajitas… and pizza? Two of our favourite dishes have been married into one for this tasty high-protein, low-fat healthy pizza recipe!
And the bonus? It’s super easy to make.
- 2 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 500g chicken breast (cut into strips)
- 2 tsp. garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 50ml hot pepper sauce
- ½ white onion (sliced)
- ½ red pepper (sliced)
- ½ green pepper (sliced)
- 200g Smoked Cheese (grated)
- 1 ball wholemeal pizza dough
- 1 egg (beaten)
- Low fat soured cream
- Preheat oven to 200°C or 180°C for fan-assisted
- Melt the coconut oil in a large pan on a medium heat, then add the chicken, onion and peppers and fry for 8-10 minutes until cooked through
- Add the garlic and paprika to the pan and cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, then transfer the mixture to a bowl. Stir through the hot pepper sauce and set aside
- Roll the pizza dough out on greaseproof paper to around half a centimetre thickness then cut 4 lines in a star shape in the centre of the circle
- Add the chicken, onion and pepper mixture to the space between the star shape and the outside of the pizza dough, then generously sprinkle Smoked Cheese on top
- Next, pull each corner of the star shape and fold it over the outer edge of the crust, pulling the outer edge inwards a little to secure it, then brush the beaten egg over the top
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, then remove from oven and serve with a bowl of fresh soured cream in the centre. Divide and demolish!
Show me more healthy recipes!