Vegan diets are on the rise, with a whopping 360% increase over the last ten years in the UK alone. With an explosion of Instagram and blog feeds bursting with irresistible pictures of food that would make just about anyone’s mouth water, it really is no wonder. That’s why we’ve teamed up with one of our favourite vegan bloggers, Stefanie Moir, better known to her fans as Naturally Stefanie, to make her fluffiest vegan pancakes yet.
Stef is super down-to-earth and friendly, describing herself as a “Scottish vegan who likes to lift heavy things in the gym”, and using her high-protein vegan diet to sculpt her buff body. She’s become a YouTube sensation, with over 130,000 subscribers and counting, giving her fans a sneak-peak into her vegan life, and sharing her diet and gym advice, as well as her favourite vegan recipes.
Check out Naturally Stefanie’s Ultimate Vegan Chocolate Protein Pancake recipe!
Here’s the recipe for Naturally Stefanie’s fluffy vegan maca pancakes:
Makes: 6-8 small pancakes
- 100g Instant Oats, Vanilla
- 50g Vegan Blend, Vanilla
- 1 tbsp. Organic Maca Powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 250ml dairy-free milk
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 4-6 drops Vanilla FlavDrops
- 1 tsp. Coconut Oil for frying
1. First, combine all ingredients except toppings in a blender and process until smooth. The banana acts as your egg replacer to bind all of the ingredients together.
2. Next, add coconut oil to a pan and turn to a medium to high heat.
3. Pour out the batter (around 2-3 tbsp. at a time). Fry until the edges begin to turn golden, then carefully flip and fry for a further minute or so on the other side. Repeat for remaining batter.
4. Once you have your stack, top with banana, cacao nibs and maple syrup. Easy!
Want to see more great vegan recipes? Check out our vegan recipe section!